When you want to add names to your house deed while keeping yourself on it as well, the best thing to do is complete a quitclaim deed. With a quitclaim deed, you can transfer the ownership rights from yourself to yourself as well as other people. For example, if you are getting married and you own a home, you might want to add your husband or wife’s name to your home. Instead of refinancing it or going through a complicated sale, all you have to do is file a quitclaim deed in which you transfer ownership from yourself to you and your new spouse. It’s not very complicated, and it will give you as well as any other person you want to add rights to your property.

A real estate attorney can help you with a quitclaim deed for just a little time and money. While there might be other options available in order to get an extra person’s name on your deed, a quitclaim deed will provide you with what you need, while keeping your own rights intact. Talk to Stephen K. Hachey, a Florida real estate attorney, about your desire to add someone to your deed with a quitclaim deed. Contact our offices at 813-549-0096.

This article is for general informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a licensed attorney in your state of residence. For more information on our services, please visit our website at floridarealestatelawyer.org.

This post was written by Stephen Hachey. Follow Stephen on Google, Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin.