For Sale By Owner, or FSBO, is the process of selling real estate without representation by a real estate agent. There are many advantages and disadvantages to FSBOs.
Selling your home yourself has some advantages, including:
- You have control over all of the decisions that have to be made. You can set the price of the home, do the advertising and marketing, select the buyer and decide the terms and conditions of sale.
- You can take your home off of the market without breaching any terms of a listing agreement.
- It’s cheaper than hiring a real estate broker because you do not have to pay a commission.
- You won’t have to spend time meeting with your broker regarding your sale.
- You won’t have an experienced real estate broker to help you decide many matters like the price of your home, where and how to advertise, whether the buyer can afford to buy your home, and how to handle inspections and negotiations.
- Your home won’t be part of a multiple listing service, so it won’t get the same exposure to prospective buyers.
- You’ll have to do everything yourself, such as showing your home, arranging financial transactions, and arranging for closing the sale.
If you decide to sell your home by yourself, Stephen K. Hachey, as a real estate and FSBO attorney, will guide you through the selling process and prepare the necessary legal documents such as the purchase contract, addendums, and seller’s disclosures to ensure a smooth transaction. In conjunction with his For Sale By Owner legal services, he can also act as your closing agent and provide Florida Title Insurance.
Looking for a Smooth For Sale By Owner Closing on Your Property? Call 866-200-4646!
Tampa Office: 15619 Premiere Drive Ste 104A Tampa, FL 33624